Strawberrys & Cream


If you live in Ireland (or the UK) like myself, your probably as delighted as I am with the weather! It's not that usual for us to have a 'real summer', and by 'real summer' I mean - average day to day temperatures ranging from 20 degrees Celsius upwards! Actually what I mean by a 'real summer' probably stems from what I absorbed from the media and TV of what I perceived American weather to be like! Or even my experiences of weather abroad in countries such as Spain and Greece during the summer! But that's just unrealistic! I'm from the land of the pale and pasty!

But anywho I just wanted to share a few photos with ye of my awesome lunch, or dessert even! Who doesn't love strawberries? Especially during this time of the year when they are at their best!!! 

Little tip, if your travelling in Ireland this Summer and happen to be driving through Wexford, make sure you stop at the little strawberry stalls on the sides of the road and pick up a pundit or two. You won't regret it! Wexford strawberries are world renowned! Well haha maybe Ireland renowned.. 



If your anyway intelligent you'll whip up some fresh cream and dollop a generous helping of it onto your flavoursome strawberries. Another little tip about strawberries! After you've cut and washed them place them in a bowl and sprinkle some caster sugar (or regular sugar) over them and allow the strawberries to prep in the fridge for an hour our two. You'll be left with a lovely strawberry syrup at the bottom of the bowl!! Yummy!! but also not as healthy..


Deeeelish! Such a refreshing treat.


My pooch wouldn't let me eat in peace so it was only fair that I let her have a few 


Lottie licked the bowl clean! 


So that's my little post today, I hope you enjoyed it. I'm in the middle of renewing the design of my blog so bare with me and the varying designs that may brace this blog over the coming week! 

Until next time,

Sinead

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...